The 6-Step Creative Process
- Project Initiation To get the job started.
- Information Gathering To get all the materials and information needed to start the project.
- Presentation of Concepts To submit the first concept of the project to the client.
- RevisionsTo get the project to a satisfied state for the client.
- Production of Deliverables To get the approved project prepared for final delivery.
- Delivery To get the final project files to the production company, or the client.
1. Project Initiation
Objective: To get the job started.
- At this stage Old Hat would set up a discovery meeting to establish goals and objectives for the project or campaign.
2. Information Gathering
Objective: To get all the materials and information needed to start the project.
- Old Hat would gather any information about the project in general to determine the needs to be met with the campaign.
- Conducting research may also be necessary at this stage to create initial strategies.
- At this point the goals should be pretty clear based on the questionnaire and discussions during the initiation stage.
- Before starting the project, Old Hat will talk with you about your goals and discuss preconceived ideas you may have about the project.
- If possible, getting samples is helpful in guiding our designers/developers.
At this stage, we request all materials needed to get the site designed. This includes:
- site map/layout suggestions
- copy- this will be dependent on whether we’re creating a content management system (CMS) or not
- Old Hat will need to know the domain (and if we will purchase the new domain), login info for existing domain and hosting information.
- After receiving all information it will probably be necessary to provide an updated quote. During the information gathering, there are usually additional elements wanted on the website that were not thought of previously.
3. Presentation of Concepts
Objective: To submit the first concept of the project to the client.
- Old Hat will develop and present a plan to achieve the goals set forth in the information gathering stage.
Objective: To get the project to a satisfied state for the client.
- Old Hat and the client will work together to monitor the initiatives and adjust as necessary throughout the campaign.
5. Production of Deliverables
Objective: To get the approved project prepared for final delivery.
- Once the campaign has been completed, Old Hat will compile and evaluate the final results of the initiatives.
Objective: To get the final project files to the production company, or the client.
- After evaluating the results of the campaign, Old Hat and the client will discuss proposed initiatives for the following year.