The 6-Step Creative Process
- Project Initiation To get the job started.
- Information Gathering To get all the materials and information needed to start the project.
- Presentation of Concepts To submit the first concept of the project to the client.
- RevisionsTo get the project to a satisfied state for the client.
- Production of Deliverables To get the approved project prepared for final delivery.
- Delivery To get the final project files to the production company, or the client.
1. Project Initiation
Objective: To get the job started.
- Old Hat will start any video or photo shoot with a call to go over the general concept before proceeding with pricing or shoot dates.
- After discussing the shoot, we will respond with an estimate to ensure you want to proceed with the shoot.
- At this point we will also set up a timeline that ensures adequate time to produce the project after the shoot.
2. Information Gathering
Objective: To get all the materials and information needed to start the project.
- Most of this step will be covered in the project initiation by getting on a phone call with the client.
- Old Hat will need clear direction on what is required for the shoot so we capture everything needed for the project. This also ensures we have all the equipment needed on the shoot.
- If possible, providing samples is helpful in guiding our designers.
3. Presentation of Concepts
Objective: To submit the first concept of the project to the client.
- Old Hat may produce a storyboard at this stage if needed, generally for complex shoots and scripts.
Objective: To get the project to a satisfied state for the client.
- During the actual shoot, there may be opportunities to capture other footage or photography. Old Hat may do this if time allows, but we prefer to stick with the original script.
- Your client rep will make notes during the shoot of any changes to concept or footage to be used during the production phase.
5. Production of Deliverables
Objective: To get the approved project prepared for final delivery.
- All captured photography or footage will be provided to the necessary Old Hat division upon return from the shoot, where we will then use for the production phase.
Objective: To get the final project files to the production company, or the client.
- This step does not apply to the video shoot process.