I’m supposed to write a blog today. Once again, I’ve known about it for a few days and once again, I don’t have anything work related to really write about. So here is a list of random things I have thought/worried about since the last time we talked.
1. Oh crap. I’ve got a blog to write.
2. What am I going to write about?
3. Why not just make a random list of things?
4. Ok, that sounds good. How about…
5. Though I’ve made a lot of mistakes, I’m lucky to be where I’m at in life. I’m reminded of this fact everyday because on my way to work I pass by the homeless shelter. Everyday I see people without jobs, without money, without a car, possibly without family to love them and probably very little hope. Thankfully, I have all those.
6. I haven’t talked to my mom and dad in a while. I should probably call them. I wonder why they never call me?
7. I need to improved my attitude.
8. My wife starts her new teaching job in Moore this year.
9. Moore gets hit by tornadoes a lot. I’m worried about her safety now.
10. My kids start back to school soon. That’s good cause they’re driving us crazy. They need to get back in to a routine.
11. I took my son to the doctor yesterday and found out he’s going to need to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. I know it’s no big deal but it still worries me. That’s probably gonna cost a lot of money. It’s supposed to take a week to recover which means I’m going to miss some work.
12. I need to be more active. I read a study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine that said adults who sat for more than 11 hours a day had a 40% increase risk of dying within 3 years, from any cause, compared with those who sat for less than 4 hours a day. I’m not really sure what that actually means. All I know is that I do sit a lot.
13. I also read a study that said 90% of studies are complete BS.
14. Actually, I didn’t. I made that up.
15. I’m getting fatter $1.08 at a time. Thanks McDonalds.
16. I’m getting old. My back hurts everyday. I don’t do anything for my back to hurt this bad. Maybe it’s because I don’t do anything that my back hurts?
17. I need to be more motivated to change my lifestyle.
18. Our offices are situated right next to some train tracks. Whenever the train speeds by I think about how screwed we’d all be if it were to derail and come tumbling towards our building.
19. Speaking of trains, sometimes when I drive across the train tracks, I think what if that time traveling train from Back to the Future III came bursting into this dimension and crashed right into me?
20. Well, there’s plenty more on my mind but I really need to get back to work so here’s a picture of my kids and a link to one of my favorite songs these days.
Have you ever listened, I mean TRULY listened to the Pina Colada Song? Dang that song is catchy. Granted it has a sketchy cheaters storyline going on, but spoiler alert: he ends up with his own lovely lady. They didn't know they BOTH liked pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.
So what does this have to do with my blog? Nothing really. I was just listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack (SO GOOD) on Spotify and I got distracted.
Oh hey, speaking of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (2pts for my amazing segue) one of my favorite things about those super hero movies are the title sequences. I think my interest with these works started with movies like James Bond (hello risque title sequences!), the Pink Panther and the National Lampoon's Vacation movies. I really appreciate the ability to artistically summarize a movie in a short amount of time in an entertaining fashion.
Lately I've been looking at joining a new gym, or at least finding a place to take some workout classes. I took kickboxing in college and loved how fast paced it was, and last summer I took a hot/warm yoga session and have never felt better following a workout!
What I mean by hot/warm yoga is an air system regulates carbon dixoide levels in the studio by circulating fresh oxygenated air and maining humidity at 40%. Basically, the room is really hot, about 92-110 degrees.
Now that week one of college football is just a few short weeks away, don't forget to take time out of your busy schedule for yourself and find a work out that works for you. Yoga is a great option, not only for its health benefits, but it allows you quiet your mind in the mist of a hectic schedule.
If you do decide to try out hot/warm yoga, don't forget to take a towel and water bottle. You'll need it.