20 Questions with | Scott Yogodzinski |
Scott Yogodzinski, Director of Marketing at Florida International University, has the perfect baseball surname which we think probably gives him an advantage when coming up with awesome concepts for posters. Check this out:
We've had the pleasure of working with Scott and the FIU Athletics Marketing staff for two years now. We have a blast working with these fine folks and look forward to 20Qs with the rest of them. Be warned: Scott has set the bar pretty high. This Kesha and Disney Channel enthusiast from Big Sky Country is a man of many talents and tastes. As for #8, Scott, we're going to need photographic or video proof. So without further ado, we present 20 Questions with Scott Yogodzinski.
1. NAME: Scott Yogodzinski
2. OCCUPATION/TITLE: Director of Marketing, FIU Athletics
3. HOMETOWN: Whitefish, Montana
4. PREGAME RITUAL: Taking strolls across our beautiful campus.
5. FAVORITE THING TO SNACK: Cookies and milk! What a combo!
6. FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Working and interacting with students on campus…whether that’s through student-interns, student-athletes, or simply our student body fan base. It’s great to know that I can have an impact on their futures.
7. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Sometimes I simply don’t have the time or resources to give all of our teams the marketing attention they deserve.
8. HIDDEN TALENTS/HOBBIES: I can balance a baseball bat on my nose for long periods of time.
9. ADVICE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: If you work hard and are a genuine, kind person to those you meet and work with, everything will fall into place and you and those around you will find success.
10. YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG: This is an easy one… Timber by Kesha
11. FAVORITE MOVIE: Sports: Field of Dreams, Brink!, Johnny Tsunami; Non-Sports: Lord of the Rings
12. FAVORITE TV SHOW: Big Bang Theory; Modern Family; Even Stevens
13. IF YOU WERE IN A BOY BAND WHAT WOULD IT BE CALLED: Lars and the Honeytoasters
14. FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT: Right now, it is this new bakery on FIU’s campus called Vicky’s Bakery.
15. WHAT DO YOU ORDER THERE: The croqueta preparada sandwich…after being in Miami for a few years, I’ve really taken a liking to Cuban and other Hispanic foods.
16. FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS: Snow White…she was adventurous.
17. WHAT’S YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL: Not sure, I’ve always thought that pelicans are really cool animals.
18. WHAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE: Well, just the other day, before a game at work, I tried taking a stroll across campus in a rain storm and got soaked through to the skin…not sure what I was thinking there.
19. WHAT’S THE LAST SHOW THAT YOU BINGE-WATCHED: I know I was like two years late, but I recently binge-watched the final season of How I Met Your Mother.
20. IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS JOB WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: I like being and working outdoors. It’s possible I might be a snowboard instructor, as my hometown is a ski-town in the mountains of Montana. Shortly before being hired at FIU, I had actually even printed out the paperwork to become an instructor.