20 Questions with | Jason Dennard |
Old Hat and Jason Dennard, Florida State Associate AD for Marketing and New Revenue, have been in a pretty, pretty, pretty serious relationship for nearly 13 years. During that time we've had the tremendous opportunity to work with Jason and his crew on some very cool work. Jason is an easy-going, trusting guy who gives us a creative license on a lot of important projects. Designing a poster for the Noles is sort of a rite of passage here at OH. When Jason asks us to come up with something cool he means it. It's a quality we really value. Now, we don't have the very first OH-Noles basketball poster designed by ZAC, yes Zac, but he remembers the shiny UV coating on it fondly.
Here's the latest basketball poster we designed for Florida State:
Not everybody at OH has met Jason in real life, but after reading his answers to our 20 Questions several folks here are confident they'd be best friends with the pride of Perry, Georgia: Jason Dennard.
1. NAME: Jason Dennard
2. OCCUPATION/TITLE: Associate AD for Marketing and New Revenue
3. HOMETOWN: Perry, Georgia
4. PREGAME RITUAL: I always go to the gym and workout the morning of football games. It sets the tone for the day (pun intended).
5. FAVORITE THING TO SNACK ON: Big fan of yogurt and granola but my weakness is chocolate in all forms.
6. FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Breaking barriers and accomplishing things when critics say it can’t be done.
7. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Too many meetings too little time. If I could clone myself that would be great!
8. HIDDEN TALENTS/HOBBIES: I have a slight obsession with grilling and being a weekend pit master in my spare time.
9. ADVICE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Stop along the way and make sure to enjoy the journey.
10. YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG: I’ve got two……The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground and being from the south you have to sing some Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama.
11. FAVORITE MOVIE: Planes, Trains & Automobiles.
12. FAVORITE TV SHOW: Seinfeld.
13. IF YOU WERE IN A BOY BAND WHAT WOULD IT BE CALLED: The Dad Bods.
14. FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT: I am a serial visitor at Newks a couple of times per week.
15. WHAT DO YOU ORDER THERE: Cobb Salad no tomatoes and Splenda Sweet Tea.
16. FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS: Princess Leia *RIP (Disney owns Star Wars right?)
17. WHAT’S YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL: I’d say my dog Molly (King Charles Cavalier). That dog has never had a bad day!
18. WHAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE: Entered a bodybuilding contest on a dare and actually went through with it to the shock of my parents, friends…..pretty much anyone that ever knew me. Turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done and eliminated "fear" from my vocabulary.
19. WHAT’S THE LAST SHOW THAT YOU BINGE-WATCHED: Hmm….I would say Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is awesome.
20. IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS JOB WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: I love music and have discovered a passion for putting on concerts. This is something I do on the side currently.