20 Questions with | Alissa Polles |
If there's one thing every office needs it's a person with a lot of energy. Well, 4'11" Alissa Polles is a compact bundle of energy at Old Hat HQ. She's Kristin Chenoweth size minus the singing skills, but with the same vocal abilities to fill up a room with her laughter. What she lacks musically she makes up with mad organizational skills. Feel free to skip your coffee today! Just read Alissa's answers to our 20 Questions.
1. NAME: Alissa Polles
2. OCCUPATION/TITLE: “Creative Services Manager” Project manager/Producer
3. HOMETOWN: Mansfield, Ohio
4. YOUR GO-TO WORK MUSIC: Hmm – I actually don’t listen to music a lot while I work. It ends up distracting me. I am easily distracted.
*Note: This is no way insinuates I don’t have opinions and preferences on music. That just wasn’t the question.
5. HOW DID YOU END UP AT OLD HAT: Relocated to OKC from Austin
6. FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Organizing all the things! Lists! Checkboxes! Planners, organizers, HIGHLIGHTERS! LISA FRANK!
7. WHAT’S THE HARDEST PART ABOUT YOUR JOB: Saying yes when I want to say no? Pleasing all the people?
8. HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR FREE TIME: Exercise, laundry, rollerskating, obsessing over my dog.
9. ADVICE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: Love wins. You don’t really need antibacterial soap. Eat doughnuts.
10. EXPLAIN YOUR OBSESSION WITH OVERALLS: I’m not sure really. Everyone loves a onsie. You can dress them up or down. They make all home improvement activities more fun. They make me feel like I could be cooler than I really am. Also, Kris Kross.
11. IF YOU COULD ONLY WATCH ONE MOVIE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHAT WOULD IT BE: Buhhhhhhh… The Wedding Singer? It has love, the 80s, bad Drew Barrymore, meatballs!
12. FAVORITE TV SHOW: All the Housewives. Judge away.
13. WHAT’S BEEN YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT AT OLD HAT: WHEN I GOT MY SHERIFF BADGE AND BECAME THE LAWWWWWW!
14. IF YOU COULD TRADE LIVES WITH ONE OF YOUR COWORKERS WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY: Kevin for when I want to be serious. Cody for when I want to be silly.
15. WHAT’S YOUR GO-TO WORK DISTRACTION: Exchanging Family Guy memes, Bitmojis & dog pics w/ my BF.
16. FAVORITE SUPERHERO: WONDER WOMANNNNNNNNN
17. IF YOU WERE AN SNL CHARACTER WHO WOULD YOU BE: Get ready – I don’t watch SNL.
18. WHAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE: I shaved my arms and my eyebrows once. That seems kinda dumb. I was in 9th grade and my mom noticed and pointed it out in front of the senior girl who picked me up and took me to soccer practice. It was pretty embarrassing.
19. WHAT’S THE LAST SHOW THAT YOU BINGE-WATCHED: West World.
20. IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS JOB WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: Living quietly w/ my family somewhere green. With close access to a roller rink.