If there was only one thing we could say about working with Notre Dame Athletics Marketing Intern Conor Montijo it would be: Fun. If there was another word it would be: Hardworking. Okay, this is our blog we can say whatever we want. Conor is both FUN and HARDWORKING. And well if you're going to be an intern in the sports industry you better have both traits. This "young pup" (that's what Robert calls anybody under the age of 30) is going to do a lot of awesome things with his career because his passion is truly infectious. We also really like that his pregame ritual involves the song "World's Greatest."
It's our pleasure to introduce to you the World's Greatest Intern, Conor Montijo:
Ella Odland, Marketing and Promotions Coordinator at North Texas Athletics, is known around Old Hat HQ as "The Mean Green Rowing Machine." You see Ella is a former rower from Washington State University and well, Robert is really good at rhyming. We collaborate with Ella on multiple sports marketing strategies and she's a perfect fit with the fine folks in Denton. Ella is great to work with and gives us the right amount of direction and creative freedom to create some really cool work.
This week, Ella answers our 20 Questions and we all find out she has great taste in karaoke songs, tv shows, food, and having a dog. Ella, let us know if you want to video conference in to discuss Grey's every Friday.
1. NAME: Ella Odland
2. OCCUPATION/TITLE: Marketing and Promotions Coordinator at North Texas Athletics
3. HOMETOWN: Seattle, WA
4. PREGAME RITUAL: Eating Pizza
5. FAVORITE THING TO SNACK: Peanut Butter
6. FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Being on social media all day and calling it “work”
7. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR JOB: Not being able to bring my dog to work ☹
8. HOBBIES: Travelling and exploring new places
9. ADVICE TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: Listen to your parents, they actually know what they’re talking about
10. YOUR GO-TO KARAOKE SONG: Ignition (Remix)
11. FAVORITE MOVIE: All the Disney movies
12. FAVORITE TV SHOW: Friends and Grey’s Anatomy
13. IF YOU WERE IN A BOY BAND WHAT WOULD IT BE CALLED: *ROAR*
14. FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT: Dick’s Drive-In
15. WHAT DO YOU ORDER THERE: A special, fries, and a chocolate shake
16. FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS: Mulan
17. WHAT’S YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL: Lion
18. WHAT’S THE STUPIDEST THING YOU’VE EVER DONE: Flipped a boat… while I was still on the dock
19. WHAT’S THE LAST SHOW THAT YOU BINGE-WATCHED: How to Get Away with Murder
20. IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS JOB WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING: Travelling the world
Sports can have a powerful impact on people's lives whether they're part of the action or simply rooting for a favorite team from the sidelines. We wanted to know more about the fan experience, so we asked a few questions. Here's what fans told us during our most recent online survey.